Monday, December 1, 2008

1 Dec

It has been a long time since I update... Just within these 2 weeks, so many things happened.

The Malaysia worker got mauled by the White Tigers, the Thai Airports got shut down by the Protestors and our fellow singaporean got killed by the terrorists in India.

LOoking back, the white tigers are my little cousin's fav whenever she goes to the zoo. The white fur just brings out even more of the majestic feel of the Tigers. Yah. That's why my little cousin is always so fascinated by the White tigers. A must go for her whenever she has the Zoo map in her hand. But animals are still animals. My brother showed me the video showing the whole event. Just so sad to see a live person being pinned down by the wild cats.

And why is the THAI airport still SHUT?!?!? My thai trip seems to be in constant jeopardy of being cancelled. I desperately need to go there and tailor my shirts and pants. Even if i made it there, can i make it back to Singapore? No one knows.... even if i made it there, which insurance companies will insure me for my travel insurance? Hai.. Hai...

Looking at the news abt the India attack, I was thinking why are the special forces going in like there are no hostages around. Not that I am SOF trained. But at least being army trained, you just wonder why are they doing that. It's either you storm in and make a fast one or you don't go in and just make negotiation while waiting for the chance to storm in again. Not like taking your own sweet time.. Team by team entering the building fighting a drawn out battle. Okay. Not fair for me to comment since i am not the one entering. Maybe I will just faint when i hear gun shots.

And I just passed my swim trial today. The pre requisite to participate in the Singapore Biathlon. Criteria is 40 mins for 30 laps. The pool is damn crowded. Only 3 lanes for us and they put in more than 5 swimmers. I even got side kicked by this lady who took her own sweet time to swim. I always tot they can't keep to lanes when driving. It seems that they can't do it while swimming too. (Sweeping statement. Subjected to major protest) I really had the urge to tell her that she might not meet that timing cos I was constantly monitoring my timing. But I can't do it while swimming, i might just swallow in water and choke for the remaining laps.

But at least i made it. 31.55 mins. Ho ho... Always hear that old people gain weight easier. Never tot it's true until i experience it myself. I exercise so much. I swim once per week, run thrice per week and gym once per week. And i am still gaining weight! So bad that other colleagues at work asked me whether I take Protein Supplements. And the worst thing.... The newbies at work don't believe that I am also a newbie. hai.... So sad...

No comments: